Skip to main content

Drupal Camp Toronto, version 2.


Looks like there will be another Drupal camp again this year in Toronto - visit the drupalcamptoronto site for details.
While I'm at it, here's a short update on a few of my projects:
  1. I finished the intranet portion of SHARE's website, which included a neat custom module that mashes up the signup module with CiviCRM and organic groups.
  2. I'm almost finished with The Tyee, an excellent alternative on-line news source in Vancouver. My work with them began with a module, still to be released, that integrates bricolage and drupal. That work went live in January and shortly after we migrated the site to a new server at Gossamer Threads who I can't recommend too highly. My latest task has been to finish off a module that allows for comment rating, it should be live by mid-April.
  3. I developed a custom Drupal module Peek which allows a drupal site user to provide sneek peeks to content on a drupal site that is otherwise protected.
  4. I mashed up gmaps and Civicrm as part of my work on the telecentre directory project. It's a little custom module (aha, also soon to be published ...) that generates google maps based on Civicrm groups.
  5. I registered the domain civicrm.ca and am using it for some small demonstration projects. I'm imagining it as a home for a group of developers in Canada that work with Civicrm, but it's a slow process....
  6. I'm looking forward to another round of development on the working overseas website that I built a few years ago.
I could go on, but I just did ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orchestrating Drupal + CiviCRM containers into a working site: describing the challenge

In my previous posts, I've provided my rationale for making use of Docker and the microservices model for a boutique-sized Drupal + CiviCRM hosting service. I've also described how to build and maintain images that could be used for the web server (micro) service part of such a service.

The other essential microservice for a Drupal + CiviCRM website is a database, and fortunately, that's reasonably standard. Here's a project that minimally tweaks the canonical Mariadb container by adding some small configuration bits: https://github.com/BlackflySolutions/mariadb

That leaves us now with the problem of "orchestration", i.e. how would you launch a collection of such containers that would serve a bunch of Drupal + CiviCRM sites. More interestingly, can we serve them in the real world, over time, in a way that is sustainable? i.e. handle code updates, OS updates, backups, monitoring, etc? Not to mention the various crons that need to run, and how about things like…

The Tyee: Bricolage and Drupal Integration

The Tyee is a site I've been involved with since 2006 when I wrote the first, 4.7 version of a Drupal module to integrate Drupal content into a static site that was being generated from bricolage. About a year ago, I met with Dawn Buie and Phillip Smith and we mapped out a number of ways to improve the Drupal integration on the site, including upgrading the Drupal to version 5 from 4.7. Various parts of that grand plan have been slowly incorporated into the site, but as of next week, there'll be a big leap forward that coincides with a new design [implemented in Bricolage by David Wheeler who wrote and maintains Bricolage] as well as a new Drupal release of the Bricolage integration module.PlansApplication integration is tricky, and my first time round had quite a few issues. Here's a list of the improvements in the latest version:File space separation. Before, Drupal was installed in the apache document root, which is where bricolage was publishing it's content. This …

IATS and CiviCRM

Update, Nov 2009: I've just discovered and fixed a bug I introduced in the 2.2 branch for the IATS plugin. The bug was introduced when i updated the API files from IATS and failed to notice that the legacy method for C$ one-time donations was no longer supported.
If you're using a version greater than or equal to 2.2.7, and are using IATS for C$, non-recurring donations, then you're affected.
To fix it edit the file : CRM/Core/Payment/IATS.php, and remove the line that looks like this:

$canDollar = ($params['currencyID'] == 'CAD'); //define currency type The full fix removes a conditional branch based on that value a little further on, but by removing this line, it'll never actually use that branch. Drop me a line if you have any questions.
Update, May 2009: This post is still getting quite a bit of traffic, which is great. Here are a few important things to note:
The IATS plugin code is in CiviCRM, you don't need to add any code.You do still …